- Last Updated: Friday, 29 August 2014 07:22
- Published: Tuesday, 01 July 2014 03:08
- Hits: 5348
1. If you already own a bike and you think you have enough biking skills to defend yourself on the road, go ahead and start biking to work today, or tomorrow, or the next day. Just make sure you do it soon or you may lose the momentum and not have the energy nor will to start.
2. If you have a bike but do not feel comfortable or you are anxious because you know you don’t have the guts to bike on our roads to go to your office, don’t despair. You can join the Firefly Brigade’s monthly Critical Mass Ride (CMR) held every third Sunday of the month. Please visit our website to know the venue and route. Participating in a CMR will help prepare yourself to be confident riding your bike in urban streets. A CMR is a fun ride to certain destinations in Metro Manila where bikers can learn from other bikers not only the best route to bike but also where to eat, where to buy flowers, or do just about anything you want on board your trusty two-wheeler.
|If you drive a car, please respect and give way to cyclists you see on the road. The idea is to SHARE THE ROAD because both drivers and cyclists can actually co-exist and use the road together, safely and in peace.|
3. If you don’t have a bike yet but want to get one, you can also visit our website and browse through our local bike shops directory. You can also send us an email to ask for our assistance in selecting a bike that suits your riding style and budget. We can point you in the right direction so you can get the bike that you can use to bike to work.
It’s not easy to bike to work and indeed there are many issues and concerns that have to be addressed and resolved before anyone who has enough sanity can be persuaded to bike to work...
4. If you drive a car, please respect and give way to cyclists you see on the road. The idea is to SHARE THE ROAD because both drivers and cyclists can actually co-exist and use the road together, safely and in peace. There is no need to compete for road space as there is enough for all of us. Sharing the road means recognizing each other’s right to be on the road, respecting each other space and allowing each other to pass as needed without resorting to road rage or any disrespectful actions.
5. Consider proposing a bike plan to your company. The Firefly Brigade can help your company establish a bike plan with all the necessary preparations, training and infrastructure development to make sure that it will be a success. Please visit our services webpage for more details. You can initiate the move and we will be there to assist you all the way, from planning to implementation of a workable bike plan that will benefit both your employees and the company itself.
If you have more positive actions that can help others and inspire them to bike to work, please share them with us in the comments.